- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided as 2 and 1)
- 2½ tablespoons cajun seasoning (divided as 1½ and 1)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 lb Roma Sausage Polish Kielbasa (pre-cooked & sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- For the garnish:
- Cook the linguine in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In the same pot, heat the butter, then add 1½ tablespoon cajun seasoning and mix the spice with the butter. Add in shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink. Take the shrimp out and set aside.
- Keeping the heat on, add in butter until it’s melted, then add in diced yellow onion and green pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add in Kielbasa and cook for another minute, then add minced garlic, salt, cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme.
- When everything is cooked and mixed well, pour in chicken stock and heavy cream. Mix well, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is thickening, add the shrimp and pasta back into the pot.
- Mix until everything is well-combined.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy.