- 4 Tb. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- Butter, to grease pan
- 4 cups hash browns, frozen or fresh
- 1 lb Mild or Hot Italian Roma Sausage
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan, warm 2 Tb. olive oil over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage (remove from casings) and cook until golden brown. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Place 2 more Tb. of olive oil in sauté pan. Add the vegetables and cook over medium-high heat for 4 – 5 minutes, or just until tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Grease a 9” X 11” lasagna or baking pan.
Spread the hash browns evenly in pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the sautéed vegetable mixture over the hash browns.
Evenly spread the sausage over the vegetables.
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
- Spread the grated cheese on top (note: the cheese can also be layered into the lasagna at various intervals, as well as being placed on top).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until eggs are set to desired doneness