- 1 lb Roma Chorizo Sausage (or your favorite flavor)
- ½ fresh pineapple (cut into spears, then cubed)
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cornstarch (used to help thicken the glaze)
- small wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water (this prevents them from burning on the grill).
- Measure teriyaki sauce into a small saucepan, stir in brown sugar. Heat over medium heat until it comes to a low boil.
- Stir ¼ cornstarch into about a tablespoon of water until well blended. Stir into teriyaki sauce. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer until sauce begins to thicken (20-30 minutes).
- Cut each sausage into cubes and set aside (4-5 per sausage).
- To prep pineapple, first cut off ends, and carefully slice off skin. Slice in half lengthwise, then into quarters. Cut out core. Cut each quarter in half. You should now have 8 peeled & cored spears. Cut 4 of those spears into cubes (same size as the sausage cubes). Save remaining 4 spears for enjoying another time.
- Remove skewers from water and assemble with sausage & pineapple chunks.
- Preheat grill to medium and grill, turning regularly for about 5 minutes or until heated through with nice grill marks.
- Drizzle teriyaki glaze over top and enjoy!
Comments are closed.